The official start of winter is day’s away. But chances are your skin is already feeling the change. Throw the upcoming holidays into the mix and it’s no wonder why you’re feeling run down.
It’s time to stop. Take a moment…all to yourself. We think some well-deserved relaxation is in order. That’s why we’ve rounded up 4 super-easy, super-festive beauty DIYs inspired by some of our favorite seasonal treats. (Seriously, who doesn’t love smelling like a gingerbread cookie?). Best of all, you have most of these goodies right in your pantry!
Rich in antioxidants, cranberries help ward off wrinkles, reduce redness and prevent signs of skin damage. Plus, they’re great for getting smoother, brighter skin in a snap!
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, crushed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pour crushed cranberries and yogurt into a small bowl – whisk together
- Add in honey and olive oil – whisk until well combined
- On a clean face, apply mask in a thick, even layer – leave on for 20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry
Put the stops on chapped lips with this flavorful scrub. It’s bursting with antioxidant-rich spices plus brown sugar to gently exfoliate. Not to mention it smells good enough to eat!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together and stir until combined
- Rub scrub onto clean lips – gently massage in for about a minute
- Rinse off with warm water
Hold the rum – this eggnog mask is just the thing for stronger, shinier hair.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 plastic shower cap
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until combined
- On clean, dry hair, massage into your scalp and tresses
- Cover hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then rinse with warm water
Pomegranates seeds are perfect pops of goodness. Not only do they smell great, but they smooth and soften skin naturally.
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp orange peel
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and pomegranate seeds, crushing both together with a spoon
- Add in the oil, honey and orange peel – mix until combined
- The pomegranate seeds will scent the scrub –if you’d like more scent, add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil
- Massage gently onto damp skin – rinse off with warm water